Programming Team Lead / Senior Developer
Biz-Zone is one of the top-tier companies in a niche database market in Canada, developing web platforms and integrated websites for progressive clients.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in software development, including application architecture, to lead our programming team.
Full Stack / Innovation-Focused
Are you an experienced full stack programmer with a strong background in software architecture? Have you managed a team before? Did you thrive on helping your team implement the latest web technologies to increase efficiencies?
We are looking for a team lead with strong programming experience designing scalable enterprise software products. As our ideal candidate, your key strengths are your ability to be highly effective in developing new software modules while also supporting and growing other developers on your team.
In terms of skills, strong object oriented programming and experience with software patterns are a given. SQL and relational database are completely integrated into how you design software. A passion for keeping up with the latest technologies is a must.
As our ideal candidate, you are not satisfied doing the bare minimum and are willing to dig into your code and overall design approach passionately, to produce code that is reusable, highly readable and that you are proud of. You are also a leader who will help other team members do the same.
- Lead the team in implementing a modernized, scalable architecture for our core products
- Assist with the roll-out of best practices around development and code management, using tools like Github, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Docker, etc.
- Work hands-on to develop new software modules
- Extend existing modules and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Lead the implementation of test-driven development and behaviour driven development
- Identify and implement production optimization strategies to improve the efficiency of project implementations
The successful candidate will have:
- Outstanding software development skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Hands-on development experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills when working with stakeholders
- Detail-oriented capabilities with excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain complex or ambiguous
- Experience with unit testing, stress testing, debugging, and trouble shooting skills
- Passion about programming, web apps + user experience
Job qualification + requirements
- Computer Science degree (BSc.) or equivalent, Masters degree or higher preferred
- At least 2 years of management / team lead experience
- Strong experience with Linux / terminal
- Experience developing technical design documentation and participating in a technical design and code peer review process
- Working experience with Symfony, Zend or similar MVC frameworks
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Proactive, energetic, professional, self-starter
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.