Biz-Zone Wins Chamber Small Business of the Year AwardNovember 23, 2012
Biz-Zone was thrilled to win the Whitchurch-Stouffville Chamber of Commerce 2012 Small Business of the Year award winner in a competitive process that saw many outstanding firms nominated.
"At Biz-Zone we strongly believe in giving back to the local community and have done that in many ways. It was an honour to be recognized not only for the exciting work we are doing, but also for the many ways we are giving back to the community," said Julie King, president of Biz-Zone Internet Group Inc.
While Biz-Zone's core business lies in web software and website development, the company founders also run a hyper-local website to help support the fabric of the local community. Just a few volunteer efforts they have been involved in includes:
- Providing a free, fully-featured job board to local employers and job seekers;
- Publishing videos of local events and activities;
- Organizing free seminars for local residents (Unleash Your DSLR Camera)
- Providing a booth with games and a "Stouffville Speaker's Corner" video station at the annual Strawberry Festival;
- Participating on several committees to help stimulate economic development and employment in the local area; and
- Participating on the working group of a regional business conference series that puts on 3 main conferences and several bridge events each year.
"Giving back to the communities we live in and belong to is something we are passionate about, it's in our DNA," said Kevin Jackson, Biz-Zone's co-founder and senior partner.